Athens Area Humane Society...
- Rescues and cares for more than 1,000 animals each year
- 2014 will be our 24th year, and we are a private, nonprofit organization.
- Spays and Neuters over 3,000 animals each year with a full time surgeon on staff
- Receives no government funding and is not a United Way agency
- Receives no funding from, and is not affiliated with, any national humane organizations, such as the ASPCA or the Humane Society of the United States
- Helps communities deal with feral cats by offering a low cost feral package to keep the population under control.
- Depends on the generosity of individual and corporate supporters to fund our programs and services
The Athens Area Humane Society needs your support because we...
- Provide care for more than 1,000 animals each year that are in danger of being euthanized in the Athens area
- Find responsible, loving homes for approximately 400 animals each year
- Provide low cost vaccinations to over 1200 animals each year at our pet care clinics
- Educate the public concerning animal welfare and pet owner responsibility through school visits and social outreach
Most importantly, realize that our efforts on behalf of the animals would not be possible without you. Your donations allow us to continue to run our programs and services. Your generosity has enabled us to expand our coverage and develop new ideas to help our animal friends. Your gift of volunteer hours makes the labor light and the work go farther. On behalf of our Board of Directors and staff, we would like to thank you, the members of our wonderful community, for your support and concern for the animals we all love.
"Animals helped so far this year"This number includes:
- All animals that were surrendered or transferred to our no-kill shelter for which we provided care for and evaluated for adoption
- All animals that were spayed and neutered at our Spay & Neuter Center
- All animals that visited our montly Pet Care Clinics